- More Articles
- The National Golf Foundation Issues 2018 Golf Industry Report
- USGA Increases Commitment to Growing the Game Through PLAY9 Program
- WE ARE GOLF Celebrates 11th Annual National Golf Day in Washington, D.C.
- WE ARE GOLF Reports 22% Increase in U.S. Golf Economic Impact Ahead of National Golf Day
- WE ARE GOLF Partners with Topgolf for Complimentary Lessons on National Golf Day
- Chairman Fred Ridley Announces Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship
- Steve Mona Comments on Tiger Woods Ahead of Masters
- DCP: Chea, Schuster Highlight 2018 National Champions
- WE ARE GOLF to Announce U.S. Golf Economy Report Findings on April 24 at the National Press Club
May 16, 2017
659 Venues Spanning 43 Countries Around the Globe To Host Women’s Golf Day Events on June 6
West Palm Beach, Fla. (May 16, 2017) - It’s a countdown to the 2017 Women’s Golf Day (WGD), Tuesday, June 6. This global, women-friendly player development initiative will introduce women and girls to the sport in a highly inclusive manner.
According to WGD Event Founder Elisa Gaudet more than 29,000 women and girls will participate in this one-day, four-hour event—two hours of clinic or nine holes of golf plus a two-hour social networking experience.
“I am delighted to report that more than 659 golf locations spanning 43 countries will participate in our 2017 Women’s Golf Day,” said Gaudet. “Thousands of women around the globe will pick up a golf club for the very first time and will be introduced to the game in a fun and upbeat environment.”
Allied golf associations around the world have lent their support to Women’s Golf Day. Additionally, a special partnership has been established with PGA TOUR Superstore, the official retail merchandiser and the “go-to” place to secure golf-related product. The retailer will also be hosting “free” WGD events at 25 locations throughout the U.S.
WGD product partners include headwear supplier AHEAD and accessory supplier GloveIt. Coincidentally, both partner companies are led by female chief executives.
To learn more about Women’s Golf Day, to view venue sites, or to register to attend, please visit: https://womensgolfday.com/.
# # #
All are welcome to participate in Women's Golf Day except where prohibited by law. Women's Golf Day does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or sexual orientation.