- More Articles
- Major Golf Industry Companies to Join #inviteHER Initiative
- Golf Means $2.3 Billion to Minnesota's Economy
- Five Questions with Cathy Harbin, Get Golf Ready
- The World of Golf Came Together to Drive Business Forward at the 66th Merchandise Show
- PGA Jr. League Aims To Attract More Families To The Game After Record-Setting Year
- Programs for PGA Forum Stage Announced for the 66th PGA Merchandise Show
- PGA of America Promotes Sandy Cross to Chief People Officer and Arjun Chowdri to Chief Innovation Officer
- 2018 PGA TOUR Tournaments Generate $190 Million in Charitable Impact
- Five Questions with George Cooper, Forbes Tate Partners
February 07, 2018
PGA Golf Clinics for Women to Debut in 2018
12 Clinics Nationwide to Welcome More Women to Game of Golf
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (February 7, 2018) – The PGA of America announced today the debut of PGA Golf Clinics for Women, a nationwide series of 12 full-day clinics intent on welcoming and empowering women to learn more about golf, the game of a lifetime.
PGA Golf Clinics for Women, formerly known as the LPGA Golf Clinics for Women, will now be led by the PGA of America in partnership with Jane Blalock, a 27-time winner on the LPGA Tour, and 2018 presenting sponsor MetLife.
The PGA Golf Clinics for Women – which begin in March and continue into the fall – will bolster the 27-year foundation of elite women’s clinics established by Blalock and her Boston-based management company, JBC Golf. Blalock’s clinic series has served over 40,000 women since the early 1990s.
“We’re so happy to welcome Jane Blalock, PGA/LPGA to our team and to present the PGA Golf Clinics for Women,” said Suzy Whaley, Vice President of the PGA of America. “This clinic series affords us the opportunity to impact future generations of women to be more successful on and off the golf course, and enhance the connection of its participants to the game of golf and PGA Professionals and LPGA Teaching & Club Professionals around the country.”
Clinic participants of all skill levels will learn about all aspects of social and business golf during an action-packed schedule that includes plenty of personalized instruction, play and assessments from PGA Professionals/LPGA Club and Teaching Professionals, a keynote speaker, breakfast, lunch, and a networking reception.
“We are thrilled to partner with the PGA of America to continue the mission of elevating women’s golf,” said Jane Blalock. “This relationship will enable us to expand on this highly successful program, as we can now combine our collective resources to empower women through the lens of golf.”
The schedule for the 2018 PGA Golf Clinics for Women begins March 12 at El Niguel Country Club in Laguna Niguel, California, and concludes on October 22 at The Seagate Country Club in Delray Beach, Florida. The full schedule is available here.
To learn more about or sign up for the PGA Golf Clinics, please visit PGAGolfClinicsforWomen.com.