- More Articles
- PGA of America partners with Congressional Country Club to host Championships
- 104 Years Later, Buhl Park Golf Club Still Offers Free Play
- PGA of America Golf Relief and Assistance Fund Available to Aid Hurricane Florence Victims Industrywide
- Five Questions with Ben Sharpe, President of Toptracer
- PGA Reach Extends Partnership with Grayhawk Golf Club to Host PGA Jr. League Championship Presented By National Car Rental Through 2022
- U.S. Golf Industry Unites to Launch #inviteHER Campaign
- Seth Waugh Named PGA of America CEO
- Five Questions with Jesse Menachem, Executive Director/CEO at Massachusetts Golf Association
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of America Assumes Leadership Role for First Green Operations and Management
April 05, 2018
Chairman Fred Ridley Announces Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship
Fred Ridley, Chairman of Augusta National Golf Club and the Masters Tournament, announced today the establishment of the Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship, which will be held annually the week prior to the Masters and will culminate with the final round taking place at Augusta National.
“Bobby Jones and Clifford Roberts left behind a legacy of always trying to contribute meaningfully to the game of golf,” Ridley said. “The Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship embodies that principle, and we believe this event will have a significant and lasting impact on the future of the women’s game. Our hope and expectation is that this event will further energize those who already love the sport and inspire others through the dream of competing at Augusta National.”
The 54-hole, stroke play tournament will feature an international field of 72 players. Invitees will be determined by awarding winners of other recognized championships and using the Women’s World Amateur Golf Ranking.
Read the full article on Masters.com.